I'm a TrainedUp Leader
Adding a Logo to Your TrainedUp Site
Bulk User Features
Checking a Team Member's Progress and Reporting Automation
Creating a Course from Scratch
Creating a Module
Creating and Using Categories
Enrolling People in Courses
How to Add People to Your Account
How to Use Groups and Campuses
Importing Team Members in Bulk
Importing a Course or Module from the TrainedUp Library
Multileader features for our Multisite Plan
The Difference Between Listed and Unlisted Courses
Viewing Reports and Team Member's Answers
Adding Notes and Files
How to Delete a Course or a Module
How to Increase Engagement in Your TrainedUp Courses
How to duplicate a course or module
How to import people from Planning Center
How to remove a user from a training course
How to reorder modules
How to send a course link
What settings should I use for Vimeo videos?
Best Practices and Tips
How to write compelling course questions
Making great webcam training videos
Planning your course from scratch
What's the ideal video length?
"Whoops! It looks like you don't have access..." What next?
Automatically Send Course Completion Data to Planning Center
Can I integrate TrainedUp with my Church Management System?
Can TrainedUp produce our videos?
I never received my email to log in to my account. What do I do?
Is there a limit for modules in a course or questions in a module?
What's the best way to share a course with my team or a team member?
Why can't I or another user save our answers?
Why do my users get emails every Friday?
Why does it say "That email address is already in use"?
General support and pricing questions
Can I talk to someone on the phone?
Can I use multiple coupon codes?
What pricing option is right for my needs?
What size should my course image be?
I'm a TrainedUp Team Member
Accessing Your TrainedUp Account
Adding an Avatar to Your Account Profile
Adjusting Your Notification Settings
Changing Your Email on Your Account
Changing your name in your account
How to create an account in your church's TrainedUp site
I never received my email to log in to TrainedUp. What do I do?
What is the difference between My Courses and All Courses on my home page?
I'm a HuddleUp Leader
Archiving a Post and Disabling Comments
Creating a Post
How to Send a HuddleUp Post to People in a TrainedUp Course
Managing a Post
Reminding Users of a Post
Edit your Leader Profile
Editing a Team Member's Information
How to Add People to your HuddleUp Account
How to Import People from Planning Center
How to use Groups and Campuses
Importing Team Members in Bulk
Logging in to your Account
What is the correct format for phone numbers?
I'm a HuddleUp Team Member
Accessing Your HuddleUp Account
Accessing and Commenting on Posts
Adding an Avatar to Your Profile
Changing Your Notification Settings
Changing the Email on Your Account
Changing the Name on Your Account
How do I mute comment notifications on a HuddleUp post?
Why can admins see all chat messages and post comments?
The HuddleUp App
Adding a Logo to Your ServeHQ Site
Bulk User Features
Editing Your Account Information
How do I cancel or suspend my ServeHQ software subscription?
How do I change my account URL?
How do I change my plan?
How do I delete a user from my account?
How do User Permissions work?
How to Use the Open API
How to create a followup
How to edit a followup
How to get receipts of past payments
How to update your credit card information
Who has access to followups?
Updated by Benjamin Staton
Creating online training is probably only one small part of your job. Most ministry leaders don't have formal education or experience in developing online curriculum. That means planning your courses might be difficult, but don't worry.
When it comes to planning, I like to take a light-touch approach. Most of what you're planning to teach is probably stuffed inside your head already. It just needs to be organized to be able to present it clearly.
Planning your course, therefore, just needs to be a process of organizing your thoughts and giving yourself enough guidance so teaching it is easy. That means we're going to create an outline and fill it with enough context to help you on camera.
Creating Your Training Outline
Your outline for your course doesn't need to be epic. In fact, it should be as lightweight as possible to start. The more concrete things in your outline that you have written down, the less natural your video will seem.
Here's an example outline for a Greeters course.
Course Title: Introduction to Greeter Ministry at Freedom Church
Module 1: Welcome to the Team
- Introduce myself
- Explain the mission of the Greeter team
- Explain the importance of being a Greeter
- Give an overview of what is covered in this course
Module 2: Schedules and scheduling
- Explanation of volunteer scheduling expectations
- Introduction to scheduling tool
- Expectations for accepting and declining service requests
- Expectations for communicating vacation (absent days in the future)
- Expectations for finding replacements for last minute cancellations
Module 3: Appropriate attire
- Reason for having a loose dress code
- What is the best type of clothes to wear
- What to avoid (ball caps, short dresses, ratty t-shirts, low-cut blouses, dirty clothes, etc)
Module 4: Greeter language and culture
- What is our culture of hospitality
- What does the Bible say about hospitality
- What are some phrases we use to convey hospitality ("Welcome to Freedom Church, can i help you find anything?" or our church's mission statement)
- What are some phrases we avoid ("I don't know" or "The bathroom is that way")
- Alternative phrases ("I'm not sure, but let me find out for you." or "The bathroom is this way (as you show the way)")
Module 5: Next steps for new team members
- How to get scheduled for your first time serving
- Who to get in touch with and how to contact them
- What to expect on your first Sunday serving
- Who to contact with questions